Detailed Hydrocarbon Analysis (DHA)
Detailed Hydrocarbon Analysis (DHA) is a gas chromatography (GC) technique used to determine individual hydrocarbon components in light petroleum streams such as naphtha, reformate and gasoline. Once identified the individual components are then typically grouped by hydrocarbon type (PIONA: n-Paraffins, Iso-Parafins, Olefins, Naphthenes and Aromatics). The compositional data is used assist refinery plant managers to optimize their refinery processes, comply with product specifications and meet with environmental regulations.
Due to the extremely large number of compounds present, Detailed Hydrocarbon Analysis uses Kovats Retention Indices (RI) for identification of unknowns. The system is first calibrated using a series of n-alkanes and the RI of unknowns calculated. These values are then compared to an extensive database for identification.
PetroReporter is successfully used for Detailed Hydrocarbon Analysis by leading oil refineries around the World. Key features include:
- Chromatography Data System independence;
- Database allowing predefined sample setting by sample type;
- Support for all industry standard methods;
- Fully automated data processing, report generation and result export.
Contact us for more information or to arrange a demonstration.
|Sample Type||Carbon Range||Boiling Range||Test Method|
|C4 -C9/C10||0 – 174°C||ASTM D5134|
|C4 -C9/C10||0 – 174°C||ASTM D6729
|Light Hydrocarbons in Crude Oil||C1 -C9/C10||0 – 174°C||ASTM D7900|
- Individual components list and group types
- PIONA report in weight %, volume % and mol%
- Total Boiling Point Report in °C or °F in 5% steps from IBP up to FBP
- Chromatogram plot of the peak labels over a user selectable time interval
- Properties summary:
- Reid Vapor Pressure in psi at 38°C (100°F)
- Specific Gravity at 16/16°C (60/60°F)
- RON and MON values
- Gross and Nett Heat of Combustion of liquid in Btu/lb at 25°C (77°F)
- Bromine Number
- Front end DHA for merge with SimDist results for improved boiling point plot of Crude Oil (ASTM D7900)
- Agilent – OpenLab (EZChrom Edition)
- Agilent – OpenLab (Chemstation Edition)
- DataApex – Clarity
- Perkin Elmer -TotalChrom
- Scion Instruments – Compass CDS
- Thermo – Atlas
- Thermo – Chromeleon
For a brochure please click here. You will be asked to provide contact details so that we might get in touch, have a chat and discuss your needs. There will be no hard sell and your details will not be passed on to any other organization. Nor will you be bombarded with emails of little interest, that’s just not the way we work.
You may also be interested in using PetroReporter for Simulated Distillation